Wilderness Lodge Spring Special
***Three Night Nature Discovery Holidays***
(Available August - November 2013)
Spring is a wonderful time to visit both the Wilderness Lodges. We have put together a Wilderness Lodge Spring Special for both Arthur's Pass and Lake Moeraki to encourage you to visit and enjoy these wild and special places.
Enjoy 3 Nights at Either Wilderness Lodge Including a Half Day Guided Nature Adventure
NZ$999 + 15% Government sales tax (GST) per person share twin/double (NZ$1148 incl GST)
This Special Offer Includes...
- Stylish accommodation in a Rainforest Room (Lake Moeraki) or Mountain View Room (Arthur's Pass) serviced daily with private bathroom, fresh fruit, flowers and tea/coffee making facilities (share twin/double occupancy).
- Four course gourmet restaurant dinner each night.
- Full Restaurant breakfast daily (continental buffet followed by a cooked to order breakfast of your choice).
- Complimentary 2 hours of guided nature activities daily with our skilled nature guides (see the panel to the right for some of the activities on offer)
- Use of all lodge facilities. Both Lodges provides complimentary WiFi and guest laundries and each have an extensive network of walking trails. Lake Moeraki also has a fleet of stable kayaks and canoes available for use while guests at Arthur's Pass can explore the 6000 acre Wilderness Lodge farm.
- Free three hour guided nature trip for each person booked on this 3 night stay special. At Lake Moeraki join your guide to walk spectaular seacoast and spot wildlife. At Arthur's Pass explore the National Park and discover delicate alpine gardens and majestic waterfalls.
Why is Spring a great time to visit the Wilderness Lodges...
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
"Seacoast & Rainforest Nature Discovery Three Night Stay"
A highlight of any visit is seeing the rare tawaki penguins who breed in the coastal rainforest. Found nowhere else on earth these wonderful birds return to the Moeraki seacoast each spring.
The Spring months tend to be a quieter time to visit, perfect for exploring the Lake Moeraki coastline, lake, rivers and forests. Wildlife viewing opportunities are at their best during this time
Walk some of the most spectacular coastline in New Zealand and search for natural beach treasures like jade, abalone (paua) shell, and sculpted rata wood. Visit a New Zealand fur seal colony and spot Hector’s dolphin riding the surf.
Spring flowering of the rainforest trees brings a wealth of birdlife to the forests around the Lodge. Spot kaka, kea, kereru and predatory New Zealand falcons. We offer guided walks and canoe safaris every day.
Wilderness Lodge Arthur's Pass
"Heart of the Southern Alps & Sheep Farm Three Night Stay"
Find yourself surrounded by the snow capped Southern Alps. The peaks of Arthur's Pass National Park are looking their best through Spring with plentiful winters snow still cloaking the higher slopes.
On the farm spring is a time of new life with the sheep and cows giving birth. With 3000 breeding sheep there are always a few orphan lambs that must be bottle-fed and checking the
With stunning mountain vistas, Spring is the perfect time for walking and exploring the trails across the Wilderness Lodge farm and through neighbouring Arthur’s Pass National Park.
After a day of exploring come back to the Lodge, enjoy a glass of wine beside a roaring wood fire and satisfy your appetite in the Mount Rolleston Restaurant.
- Available for bookings direct with the Lodges. Use our online booking forms or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Space is limited and advance booking are required for this special offer.
- The rate for a single occupancy 3 night stay is NZ$1299 per person plus GST (NZ$1493 including GST).
- This special rate is not available for stays of one or two nights but we welcome these shorter stays. Here are the rates for Lake Moeraki and Arthur's Pass.
- The Special Package does not include drinks from the bar. We have an extensive list of wines, local beers and non-alcoholic drinks for guests to choose from.
- Lunches are available for an additional charge (Either in our restaurant or take a Wilderness Picnic for a day outdoors)
- In addition to the twice daily shorter activities and the free three hour guided nature activity, each day our nature guides offer longer half and full day activities that you may join for an extra charge.
Kea are the world's smartest parrot. They are regular visitors to both the Wilderness Lodges.